If you ask most people what is their one major objective in life, they would probably give you a vague answer, such as, “I want to be successful, be happy, make a good living,” and that is it. They are all wishes and none of them are clear goals.
Goals must be SMART:
1. S–specific. For example, “I want to lose weight.” This is wishful thinking. It becomes a goal when I pin myself down to “I will lose 10 pounds in 90 days.”
2. M–must be measurable. If we cannot measure it, we cannot accomplish it. Measurement is a way of monitoring our progress.
3. A–must be achievable. Achievable means that it should be out of reach enough to be challenging but it should not be out of sight, otherwise it becomes disheartening.
4. R–realistic. A person who wants to lose 50 pounds in~30 days is being unrealistic.
5. T–time-bound. There should be a starting date and a finishing date.
So what are yours?? Our nutrition challenge is over…Congrats to our “Losers”…Hunter, Sheila, Penney, AmandaD, and Sherry! You all and everyone else did a GREAT job! Now that the challenge is over though, you need to set some new goals…write them down and get at it!
This goes for everyone…You need to know where you are headed; don’t go through things aimlessly…Be SMART! 🙂
The OPEN is coming!!! NEXT FRIDAY! 6:30pm…Everyone is welcome to participate or come watch and cheer! If you haven’t officially signed up for the Open, you can go to CrossFit Open 2014 to register…If you just want to do it for fun, make sure you are signed up on the whiteboard by computer.
So is everyone enjoying the trainers programming?? So far you’ve had a taste of Louis & Fuzzy’s craziness and Chris and Fred’s madness 😉 Still have 4 trainers to go!
Well, after their fun, Belinda is going to give the CFU community a chance to “program”…Last year we deemed March as “March Madness” where I took different workouts for WOD’s from the members…now’s your chance! Email your WOD(s) of choice to email@example.com and let the FUN begin!! 🙂 Can’t wait to see what you all come up with! I’m also going to post this to the CFU Facebook page…btw, have you liked CFU on Facebook yet??
Happy Friday!! 🙂
Work Hard, Eat Clean, Be Blessed!