Today’s words are brought to you from my coffee mug…Have you had your cup of joe yet? 🙂
What gets you motivated in the morning? What lights your fire? Have you lost your spark and your will to do what’s best for you? What will it take to get you going again?
Well, my coffee mug has some suggestions…
- Smile – you know it takes more muscles to frown than to smile, right? Who wants extra wrinkles?? Not me! Plus you don’t know if that smile will help someone else out!
- Always tell the truth – not in the blunt type of way to hurt feelings, but don’t sugarcoat things to lead others towards false beliefs.
- Help Others – hold the door for someone, offer your Aldi’s cart to someone, offer to pick something up from the store for someone. Your heart will be fuller and the other person will be appreciative!
- Love one another – we all have those “enemies”, but we know we were commanded to love one another; doesn’t mean we have to be overly kind…just will good fortune on the person and things will always come back better for you.
- Try new things! Write down 10 things that are on your bucket list…either activities or ventures, try them and mark it off! You never know if you can do something unless you TRY!
- Be Happy! Sometimes it’s hard, I get it but here’s something that you can try that I recently started doing…keep a joy/blessing box around. At the end of the day, I take a small piece of paper and I write down 2-3 things that brought me joy that day. If I’m feeling a bit down, I get my joy box out and you can bet a smile comes to my face 🙂
- Laugh Out Loud! Laughter IS the best medicine. Plan a night out with friends or watch a comedy on tv. And always remember it’s okay to laugh at yourself (I do it all of the time!)
- Use kind words…if you can be anything in this world, be kind to others…you never know what they’ve been through or what they are going through. Make eye contact, smile and say hello…you may be the person that day who does that for that someone. Sad but true…think about how our world be if everyone practiced common kindness. It would definitely be a better place!
- Don’t Whine! Oh my goodness…don’t complain about things you cannot control! Yes, we know the weather is not the greatest, but do we have control, Nope! So deal with it! It’s Monday…yep, 52 times a year…another day to be awesome! Don’t like your job? Either find a new one or change your attitude towards it…some people don’t have jobs so remember that!
- Keep your promises…if you say you will be there for someone, don’t make up excuses for when they actually need you. Don’t just say “if there’s anything I can do…” and then never do it. Nothing hurts more than those broken promises where someone is left hanging. Keep up your end of the bargain!
- Do your best…I’m sure everyone out there strives to do their best at most everything you try, right? I know some days aren’t as great; like last week when I was sick I felt so lazy because I had absolutely no energy whatsoever and I knew I wasn’t at my best. Sometimes doing your best is just resting and taking a break to fully recharge. I’m hoping I get back to my “best” soon!
- Say your prayers…even if you aren’t a believer, you can still wish the best for others. I’m a prayer warrior so if there’s anything specific you’d like for me to pray for, hit me up!
- Say Please & Thank You…I’m sorry, but weren’t we taught to say these words and to acknowledge when something kind was given to us? I tell my volleyball girls at each ending huddle to tell their parents “thank you” because without them, they would not be given the opportunity to even come to the volleyball program. Teach your kids the way they should go AND set a good example!
- WORK HARD…Last night we had a Faith RX’D event and our leader brought up the #HWPO…hard work pays off. Do what you can with what you have at that time…hard work WILL eventually pay off; you just need to decide what your definition of hard is!
So there you have it, the little sayings from my coffee mug and it’s time for some more coffee! I hope your Monday is a Great one! You have the same amount of seconds as everyone else in the world and now’s the time to decide how you are going to use them! God Bless!
Work Hard, Eat Clean, Be Blessed