You may see this saying quite often especially on social media platforms with the #nevermissamonday (heck we use it!) But why shouldn’t you miss a Monday when it comes to working out?? You’ve had a nice relaxed weekend and working out is probably the last thing you want to do…Here’s some reasons that you should!
- You’re more likely to work out the rest of the week. Getting in the gym on a Monday is like having a clean slate and you’ll more likely workout the rest of the week!
- You’ll smile more. 🙂 Who doesn’t want to smile more?? Exercise naturally increase your endorphins which makes you happier…so MOVE and 🙂
- You’ll subside anxious thoughts. Do you have anxiety issues? I do and exercise is the best medicine for treatment for me. It helps relieve the panicky feelings I have sometimes and helps me make it through the rest of the day.
- You’ll kickstart good self-control. Working out on a Monday will help with other things in your life, like your nutrition or drinking enough water. Who wants to waste a good workout with a quarter pounder with chees and a side of fries? (Don’t answer that 😉 ) But seriously, if I’m putting in the work in the gym, I don’t want to ruin it in the “kitchen”!
- You’ll catch better zzz’s. It’s true! I used to get maybe5-6 hours of sleep, but with some extra cardio along with the workouts, I’ve been getting a solid 8! Muscles are repaired at night and they need that recovery time to help you succeed. So go workout so you can rest easy tonight!
- You’ll boost brainpower. Boom! Go for a walk to help with that brainpower! The nerve cells react and helps people take on their tasks much better than just sitting around. Set an alarm on your phone if you’re behind a desk all day to just get up and move around for 5 minutes. Do this several times a day and see how much your thinking improves.
- You might make more money. Say what?? Studies show that regular exercisers make 9% more than their couch potato friends!
So who’s going to go exercise today?? We’ve already had 22 at our gym this morning and I’m getting set to hit the mats at 8:30…when will you workout today? Never miss a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday…. You get my point! Have a great day! 🙂
Work Hard, Eat Clean, Be Blessed!