“Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.”~Arthur Ashe
Thanks to those who helped test/judge the competition WOD’s this afternoon. We need to test a couple of more and will be doing those on Wednesday at 6:30pm. If you can help, show up for the fun!
Starting a six-week pull-up challenge Monday for the members! Here are some ways to help you get that first strict pull-up OR how to increase your strength in order to more!
Frequency: 2 times a week, spread out by 2-3 days each
Negative chin-ups, 4 x 2-3
Flexed-arm hang, 4 x 15 seconds
Assisted pull-ups, 4 x 8
• Do a 5-second negative, 1 jumping pull-up OR a 10-second flexed-arm hang as frequently as you wish.
• Forearms can be trained if grip is an issue.
• For the negatives, work on being in control throughout the ROM and not just at the top.
• For the flexed arm hang, increase by 5 seconds when you can (usually about every 2-3 weeks).
• Test yourself every 2 weeks to see if you can do a strict pull-up yet. It’s okay to jump up and start at the top (don’t count that one), lower yourself down and then try to come back up. Be sure to go at least ¾ of the way down for it to count as one rep.
Looking forward to seeing “Got my 1st Pull-up” on the PR board!! Do the Work, See the Results!
Back Squat 5 x 5 @ 70% of 1 rep max
AMRAP in 12 minutes of:
40 Double-unders (3x singles)
20 Russian KB Swings (53/35)
20 Pistol Squats – Alternating
3 x 30 Standing Plate Twists
90 sec Superman Hold
Row for calories
Have a great Monday!
Work Hard, Eat Clean, Be Blessed!