I first met Stacey through Trinity where her children attended, as I was their PE teacher; I believe Nathan was in my first Kindergarten class there! Boy how time flies! We only did a little bit of communicating at school events, but I was glad she signed up for my boot camp class at the school. Stacey has been one of my biggest supporters since day 1 and has come a mighty fine way from swinging just 20# KB’s and throwing around an 8# medicine ball! Stacey Bates is a Beast and I’m glad she’s a part of the CFU family and my friend! Great job, Stac! 🙂
My fitness journey began as a result of peer pressure from a group of Trinity Lutheran School ‘moms’ in 2011 who wanted me to join them in a 3 day a week 5:30 am “Boot Camp”. We giggled, grunted, screamed, and sweated our way to feeling healthier….I was hooked!
I am a 44.5 year old married to Dean and mother of a Nathan 14 and Deanna 17, who all keep me running with their activities.
I enjoy riding and competing in Dressage (Google it) and am active instructing and leading a great group of young riders in the United States Pony Club competing locally, regionally and nationally.
Oh, and I work full time at our Veterinary Clinic in Holts Summit. 😎
I have enjoyed watching Coach Debbie grow that small group of gals into what is now the thriving community of CrossFit Unstoppable.
(Though I played devil’s advocate during each of her growth spurts, she always followed her dreams and I truly admire her for her commitment to serving and helping others).
* CrossFit has shown me that my body and brain are capable of more than I ever imagined; from Mud Runs, CF Competitions and tough WODs to lifting heavy things at work, handling the stresses of daily life better and improved health!
* CrossFit has given me an amazing family of friends all on this crazy fitness journey and I feel so blessed to get to know each of you and celebrate with you! There is so much ugly and negative crud in the world today and I LOVE the refreshing positivity of life at the box with people I might not have ever known otherwise.
* Biggest challenges: BurPees, TGUs, Pull Ups, DUs
* Favorite challenges: Barbell, KBs!
* Keep on being amazing everyone, let’s see what’s next!